Skip to main content

Can Rap Music Be Used To Worship God?

  Worship. What comes to you mind when you hear the word? Oh wait. Let me guess. Slow song. When I say "Hey can I rap during your worship session?" Huh? What are you talking about? I'll get all the stares that scream weirdo!
   So with the fixed perception we possess about what worship is, is there a place for rap music in worship?
     Last time I checked.....aye you know that dictionary we have on smartphones? It described worship as honour, respect and the things you do to show your love and devotion, in our case to God. Did it mention slow song? I don't  think so.
      Beautiful Eulogy (pictured above) are definitely masters of using rap music in worship sessions. Can we ever forget their 2018 album Worthy?
   Beautiful Eulogy is a 3-man hip-hop band made up of rappers Braille and Odd Thomas and their producer Cortland Urbano.
Listen to this song, and tell me what you think in the comments section.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CHH's 2019 In Review

    Happy New Year to all lovers of music and especially lovers of the hip-hop genre of music and especially especially lovers of the Christian hip-hop sub-genre of hip-hop music.       So 2019 has come and gone, and we are here on the FIRST DAY OF THE NEW DECADE!!!       2019 was a very interesting year for CHH and I'll like to look at the 2019 CHH year in review. You know what? How about we do it like one of those alternative year end awards thing huh? Who knows? Maybe one day, we'll actually hand out awards to these artists for all the work that they do and how they've allowed themselves to be used mightily by God to be a huge blessing to us.     MALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR - 1K Phew 2019 saw a lot of artists on the grind, sharing their faith in their music and stuff. But 1K Phew was over the top this year. With albums What's Understood 1 and the sequel What's Understood 2, not mentioning all the features with the Indie Tribe and sing...

Is He A Christian Artist? Is He Not A Christian Artist? Part 4

   I grew up in a christian family, and for a short period in my life, I attended a christian school. At our teens church, they always encourage us to have christian friends, to always listen to christian music and to always read christian books. Who was that again that always shouted at church; "You're not a student christian. You're a christian student. You're a christian first before you became a student?" You get where this is going don't you? Labels, labels and more labels. But you know, previously, like way earlier on in our history, we had no labels. Everyone called us "those people who follow Jesus." Or "those people that preach about that man." Then some smart person must have said something like; "Hey, if they're like Christ, why don't we call them Christians?" I don't know how true, but someone once told me that the label "christian" was an insult. Like it was to be in the same category as "re...

Unashamed Because Of CHH

This is the start of a new series on chhinfo. The start of stories. Stories of how christian hip-hop has impacted and changed the lives of people. From people who were rotten, hopeless and depressed, to the people who seemed normal but had their issues. So, let's not waste time anymore, let's go on to our first story.    " I'm Damian Jacobs. A poet, blogger and rapper who loves God so much and rests in the knowledge that God loves him too. But you know, it wasn't always like this. I used to be very ashamed of who I was, who I had, whom I served. I used to be different from who I am today.  Music has always been a huge thing for me. I guess God put this music nerve inside me when he started the construction. Music has always been my thing and in fact, I learned to play the keyboard as a kid. I discovered hip-hop a few years later, but I never pictured hip-hop as anything like...what's the word...clean? Or maybe godly? But I grew to love the music of Lil...