Skip to main content

Who's Excited? We Get To Go Home!!!


PARADISAY BY SHOGGY TOSH
Remember that popular song all obituaries contain? Like an obituary is not complete until you have the song played before the "With gratitude to God for a life well spent" message is read? Do y'all remember that "This world is not my home" song? 
Well, let's all give a big thank you to Shoggy Tosh for taking that song and transforming it. Like, you cannot listen to the former and not think of death or burials or stuff like that, but you can listen to this one, and start dancing. Or if you're like me, you nod your head.  
OK I'm sorry for raising the hopes of those who might actually like that song, and are maybe glad someone did a hip-hop version of it. It's actually not the same song. The message is still the same though. This world is not our home. 
Shoggy Olushoga Olugbenga Tosh is a Nigerian-British rapper who mixes Yoruba sounds, as well as Yoruba lyrics, to pass the gospel message to the whole world.
 Look at the world we live in right now. There's this press for global citizenship and worldwide unity. We see this all the time at conventions like UNGA, the push for a single currency, and this climate change hoax that's just a plot to change world governance. With all these who can doubt the fact that the end is near? Believers should be excited. WE GET TO GO
HOME!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHH's 2019 In Review

    Happy New Year to all lovers of music and especially lovers of the hip-hop genre of music and especially especially lovers of the Christian hip-hop sub-genre of hip-hop music.       So 2019 has come and gone, and we are here on the FIRST DAY OF THE NEW DECADE!!!       2019 was a very interesting year for CHH and I'll like to look at the 2019 CHH year in review. You know what? How about we do it like one of those alternative year end awards thing huh? Who knows? Maybe one day, we'll actually hand out awards to these artists for all the work that they do and how they've allowed themselves to be used mightily by God to be a huge blessing to us.     MALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR - 1K Phew 2019 saw a lot of artists on the grind, sharing their faith in their music and stuff. But 1K Phew was over the top this year. With albums What's Understood 1 and the sequel What's Understood 2, not mentioning all the features with the Indie Tribe and sing...

Is He A Christian Artist? Is He Not A Christian Artist? Part 4

   I grew up in a christian family, and for a short period in my life, I attended a christian school. At our teens church, they always encourage us to have christian friends, to always listen to christian music and to always read christian books. Who was that again that always shouted at church; "You're not a student christian. You're a christian student. You're a christian first before you became a student?" You get where this is going don't you? Labels, labels and more labels. But you know, previously, like way earlier on in our history, we had no labels. Everyone called us "those people who follow Jesus." Or "those people that preach about that man." Then some smart person must have said something like; "Hey, if they're like Christ, why don't we call them Christians?" I don't know how true, but someone once told me that the label "christian" was an insult. Like it was to be in the same category as "re...

Unashamed Because Of CHH

This is the start of a new series on chhinfo. The start of stories. Stories of how christian hip-hop has impacted and changed the lives of people. From people who were rotten, hopeless and depressed, to the people who seemed normal but had their issues. So, let's not waste time anymore, let's go on to our first story.    " I'm Damian Jacobs. A poet, blogger and rapper who loves God so much and rests in the knowledge that God loves him too. But you know, it wasn't always like this. I used to be very ashamed of who I was, who I had, whom I served. I used to be different from who I am today.  Music has always been a huge thing for me. I guess God put this music nerve inside me when he started the construction. Music has always been my thing and in fact, I learned to play the keyboard as a kid. I discovered hip-hop a few years later, but I never pictured hip-hop as anything like...what's the word...clean? Or maybe godly? But I grew to love the music of Lil...