Skip to main content

Song Review: Armies By KB


So a couple of days ago, we were blessed with the release of this single by Christian Hip-hop sensation Kevin Burgess. Personally, I get excited anytime I hear KB has released a new song because he never disappoints.
I believe Armies by KB is a song for today. A favourite Bible passage for a lot of people would be the 91st Psalm, which has to do with God's promises of protection concerning the people He loves. Armies is a song that reminds us of the fact that everywhere we go, we have an army of angels surrounding us.

              LYRIC BY LYRIC REVIEW 
Danger, giants
Battle is my story
But alone, I won't know
That's my glory
Shadows you cannot hide me, uh
My King will fight
The God of angel armies

Is always by my side 

So this is reminiscent isn't it? Remember that song by Chris Tomlin? Whom Shall I Fear? I've always been a hip-hop person, so I'll always prefer KB's version. We live in a world where we constantly wrestle against Satan and his agents. But we shouldn't be afraid because we have an army with us. For sure, we're definitely not alone. OUR KING WILL FIGHT!


Got a, got a, got a army
Got a, got a, I got a army
Tell me who gon' come for me?
Greater is the One who you can't see, bring the war, I got a
Got a, got a, got a army
I got a, uh, I got a, uh, I got a army
Who run it? (Who run it?) Who running? (Who running?) Almighty (Almighty), who want it? 

I especially like the line where he said "Greater is the one who you can't see." Remember that story in the Bible, where Elisha had this whole Syrian army come to kill him, and his servant was scared poopless, and he prayed to God to OPEN HIS SERVANT'S EYES SO HE CAN SEE? I mean, Gehazi wasn't blind was he? But when his eyes were opened, THERE WAS AN ENTIRE ARMY OF FIRE ALL AROUND THEM. Glory to God forevermore!


Life ain't been the same since death died
(How true is this? Hallelujah! Life has NEVER been the same since The King of The Kings put Death to Death)
Won it by a landslide
Uh, hallelujah to the flex my, my
The power made a point, next slide
(This is one thing I love about KB. His ability to do creative things with words. Power made a point next slide? Get it)
Yeah, yeah, yeah, reppin' this side
Shoes ain't Gucci I just keep my foot on reptiles (Steppin' on a snake)
(Reminds me of that scripture that says we shall tread on serpents and scorpions, and all the power of Satan, BUT NOTHING SHALL BY ANY MEANS HURT US? Talk about ultimate protection)
Coming for my neck now (Coming for me)
When the game about to end you expect fouls (Yeah, yeah, yeah)
(And how true is this? Like right now, as the end of this age approaches, it should be clear to y'all that Satan is about to pull a fast one)
Oh vanity, Satan try to cancel me
I don't fear your plan for me
I just made a canopy
When you come to handle me
There's another hand on me
Even when they all abandon me

God got the destiny, I see no enemy,

This is just amazing! I've got a big covering over me. Satan cannot touch me. I'm immune.


Uh, still in the Son when it's all shade
Yeah, send who you want, boy, it's all gang
I picked a side like it's the entrée
Ain't nobody like Him and I got it like Him
Every kind of rival got 'em by the bridle
Put it on the Bible, I'm in autopilot, on God
Shadow of the Almighty
Before me and behind me
Your war (You war is) is for me (Is for me) forever (Forever), ayy
I know who goes before me (Got a army)
I know who stands behind (I got a army)
Almighty, in life, in death, woah, bring the war I got a
The One who reigns forever (Got a, got a, got a army)
He is a friend of mine (I got a, uh, I got a, uh, I got a army)
No rival, no virus, my God is, angel army


And that's it. A song for today. No rival. NO VIRUS! We've got Jesus, so we've got protection. As y'all listen to this song, I pray you find encouragement in the fact that God will make a distinction between His children and others. Kinda like how he did with the Egyptians and his people in the Exodus. And don't forget to constantly pray for these artists. We might not know the half of the kind of temptations they face.
LISTEN AND DOWNLOAD THE SONG HERE

Comments

  1. Wow. Amazing review. I am personally blessed by this song😩

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Can't Breathe (And I should probably apologize to Lecrae)

  Look, I know I'm not in the best position to speak about everything happening in America, and for some good reason (in my opinion). First of all, I'm Nigerian. From Africa. And though I've seen episodes of police brutality, I haven't experienced racism (well, there was this time, on Facebook...). And then, I only hear stuff on news, it's kinda different when you're there to experience it first hand. Like it's your daily experience.    Well, in 2016, Trip Lee released his album The Waiting Room (one of his best in my opinion), and there's this song there that gave me a little taste of the typical Black American experience. I'm talking about Lord Have Mercy by Trip Lee.    In the second verse, Trip said; "He made me a black man, with all black clothes  Black coffee, blacking out on all my flows But why is black a problem here for all my bros?  And why they tryna put a tag on all our toes?  Black fists on the pick sticking out my 'fro He made