Skip to main content

Introducing Spokesman



"Christ Jesus on the throne. Spokesman's on the microphone."
When I turn on a track, and I hear that intro, there's no describing the joy and excitement that feels my heart because I know what to expect. Allow me to introduce you to one of my favourite Nigerian CHH artist, SPOKESMAN. 

Born more than 30 years ago, Jeremiah Samuel Aluwong, known as Spokesman, hails from Kaura local government area of Kaduna state. He is Kagoro by tribe. He is happily married to Timatt and they live in the city of Kaduna, Nigeria.

Spokesman had his formal education in Capital School Kaduna and Federal Government College Kaduna. He became a graduate of Ahmadu Bello University Zaria where he obtained a B.Sc degree in Agriculture-Economics. He has also obtained his post graduate diploma.

Spokesman has been in active music for 13 years now. A lecturer by profession, he is called into the evangelical ministry and missions. His vision is to preach God`s Word in its truest and purest form. And his mission is to see men submit and live to the glory of God. A sound teacher and preacher of the word, he also has the plans to go into fulltime ministry.


The first time I heard Spokesman rap was the intro on his album The PROPHETsional Speech, Microphone Lessons, and the first thing I got attracted to was his awesome flows, lyrical prowess, rhyming style, as well as the unique way he presented the message of the gospel.  

With the evident manifestations of apostolic fire in his music and stage ministrations Spokesman is known all over Nigeria as The Apostle of Rap. By the grace of God, Spokesman has travelled round the country, Nigeria, preaching the Word and representing Christ through the most lyrical rap music that ears have ever heard. Till forever, one of my favourite rap lines of all time remains that line from Microphone Lessons where he said; "I stay high in the Spirit never do drugs. I stay straight with the ladies never do bros."

So, thank you for letting me introduce you to Spokesman. Check out one of my favourite songs from him with the link below and "Let the Spokesman speak."

LISTEN TO SPOKESMAN'S BREAKABLE HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHH's 2019 In Review

    Happy New Year to all lovers of music and especially lovers of the hip-hop genre of music and especially especially lovers of the Christian hip-hop sub-genre of hip-hop music.       So 2019 has come and gone, and we are here on the FIRST DAY OF THE NEW DECADE!!!       2019 was a very interesting year for CHH and I'll like to look at the 2019 CHH year in review. You know what? How about we do it like one of those alternative year end awards thing huh? Who knows? Maybe one day, we'll actually hand out awards to these artists for all the work that they do and how they've allowed themselves to be used mightily by God to be a huge blessing to us.     MALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR - 1K Phew 2019 saw a lot of artists on the grind, sharing their faith in their music and stuff. But 1K Phew was over the top this year. With albums What's Understood 1 and the sequel What's Understood 2, not mentioning all the features with the Indie Tribe and sing...

Is He A Christian Artist? Is He Not A Christian Artist? Part 4

   I grew up in a christian family, and for a short period in my life, I attended a christian school. At our teens church, they always encourage us to have christian friends, to always listen to christian music and to always read christian books. Who was that again that always shouted at church; "You're not a student christian. You're a christian student. You're a christian first before you became a student?" You get where this is going don't you? Labels, labels and more labels. But you know, previously, like way earlier on in our history, we had no labels. Everyone called us "those people who follow Jesus." Or "those people that preach about that man." Then some smart person must have said something like; "Hey, if they're like Christ, why don't we call them Christians?" I don't know how true, but someone once told me that the label "christian" was an insult. Like it was to be in the same category as "re...

Unashamed Because Of CHH

This is the start of a new series on chhinfo. The start of stories. Stories of how christian hip-hop has impacted and changed the lives of people. From people who were rotten, hopeless and depressed, to the people who seemed normal but had their issues. So, let's not waste time anymore, let's go on to our first story.    " I'm Damian Jacobs. A poet, blogger and rapper who loves God so much and rests in the knowledge that God loves him too. But you know, it wasn't always like this. I used to be very ashamed of who I was, who I had, whom I served. I used to be different from who I am today.  Music has always been a huge thing for me. I guess God put this music nerve inside me when he started the construction. Music has always been my thing and in fact, I learned to play the keyboard as a kid. I discovered hip-hop a few years later, but I never pictured hip-hop as anything like...what's the word...clean? Or maybe godly? But I grew to love the music of Lil...