Skip to main content

Top 5 Worshippers You Should Listen To


   Worship is all about God. You do something that's not about anything else, just you talking about the goodness of God and everything that He's about. 
I was in a conversation with a couple of people a while back, and they were like "Yes, CHH is nice and all, but it's for edification and preaching. Not worship" (read more about christian hip-hop and worship here) Those guys haven't heard these 5 people I'm about to list now. So, here are the top 5 CHH worshippers you should listen to; 

5) Sho Baraka 
  
When Sho's not taking on social issues with his songs, or doing some preaching, or even talking about life, he's on "hands extended, bended knees and closed eyes" singing "holy holy holy is the Lord the most High" I See The Lord is one classical worship song from Sho I'll forever treasure. 

4) KB
    Here's to another epic worshipper of God with supernatural creativity and epic punchlines. Who can ever forget his legendary song Armies? There, he expressed his undying confidence in the God who protects him.You can read my review of His song Armies here

3) Trip Lee 
Pastor Bradford comes in at #3 as someone who exists to "brag on my king." Worship is ingrained in his songs. And he has the epic lines too. How about when he says something like; 
"There not enough words in my speech to proclaim His greatness
Not in the whole English Language."

"That's like our God and Father, He's the one that cat's should honor
Look He stands above man in His sight we grasshoppers"

"Some folks trying to say they off the chains they think they so fine
They good at rapping, they album went platinum four times
They gon' shine and even when they gone, they in these folks minds
But top this, my God existed way before time"

2) Beautiful Eulogy 
Even their name speaks worship! These guys praise the Lord on almost every track. And Cortland, their producer, does a wonderful work with the unique sound of their instrumentals. It just brings up the whole atmosphere for worship, and the lines they drop are so fitting. You could check out their album Worthy. 

1) Shai Linne 

Tell me, who else where you expecting? He even has a whole album, The Attributes Of God, singing praises to the Most High for who He is, and all He represents. His rhyming is totally out of this world (can someone else testify?), and his tracks really bring down God's presence. Startling Mystery is still legendary and what about his song with Timothy Brindle The Holy Spirit? It just brings tears to your eyes. 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review: Armies By KB

So a couple of days ago, we were blessed with the release of this single by Christian Hip-hop sensation Kevin Burgess. Personally, I get excited anytime I hear KB has released a new song because he never disappoints. I believe Armies by KB is a song for today. A favourite Bible passage for a lot of people would be the 91st Psalm, which has to do with God's promises of protection concerning the people He loves. Armies is a song that reminds us of the fact that everywhere we go, we have an army of angels surrounding us.               LYRIC BY LYRIC REVIEW  Danger, giants Battle is my story But alone, I won't know That's my glory Shadows you cannot hide me, uh My King will fight The God of angel armies Is always by my side  So this is reminiscent isn't it? Remember that song by Chris Tomlin? Whom Shall I Fear? I've always been a hip-hop person, so I'll always prefer KB's version. We live in a world where we constantly wrestle against S

I Can't Breathe (And I should probably apologize to Lecrae)

  Look, I know I'm not in the best position to speak about everything happening in America, and for some good reason (in my opinion). First of all, I'm Nigerian. From Africa. And though I've seen episodes of police brutality, I haven't experienced racism (well, there was this time, on Facebook...). And then, I only hear stuff on news, it's kinda different when you're there to experience it first hand. Like it's your daily experience.    Well, in 2016, Trip Lee released his album The Waiting Room (one of his best in my opinion), and there's this song there that gave me a little taste of the typical Black American experience. I'm talking about Lord Have Mercy by Trip Lee.    In the second verse, Trip said; "He made me a black man, with all black clothes  Black coffee, blacking out on all my flows But why is black a problem here for all my bros?  And why they tryna put a tag on all our toes?  Black fists on the pick sticking out my 'fro He made