Skip to main content

Top 5 Worshippers You Should Listen To


   Worship is all about God. You do something that's not about anything else, just you talking about the goodness of God and everything that He's about. 
I was in a conversation with a couple of people a while back, and they were like "Yes, CHH is nice and all, but it's for edification and preaching. Not worship" (read more about christian hip-hop and worship here) Those guys haven't heard these 5 people I'm about to list now. So, here are the top 5 CHH worshippers you should listen to; 

5) Sho Baraka 
  
When Sho's not taking on social issues with his songs, or doing some preaching, or even talking about life, he's on "hands extended, bended knees and closed eyes" singing "holy holy holy is the Lord the most High" I See The Lord is one classical worship song from Sho I'll forever treasure. 

4) KB
    Here's to another epic worshipper of God with supernatural creativity and epic punchlines. Who can ever forget his legendary song Armies? There, he expressed his undying confidence in the God who protects him.You can read my review of His song Armies here

3) Trip Lee 
Pastor Bradford comes in at #3 as someone who exists to "brag on my king." Worship is ingrained in his songs. And he has the epic lines too. How about when he says something like; 
"There not enough words in my speech to proclaim His greatness
Not in the whole English Language."

"That's like our God and Father, He's the one that cat's should honor
Look He stands above man in His sight we grasshoppers"

"Some folks trying to say they off the chains they think they so fine
They good at rapping, they album went platinum four times
They gon' shine and even when they gone, they in these folks minds
But top this, my God existed way before time"

2) Beautiful Eulogy 
Even their name speaks worship! These guys praise the Lord on almost every track. And Cortland, their producer, does a wonderful work with the unique sound of their instrumentals. It just brings up the whole atmosphere for worship, and the lines they drop are so fitting. You could check out their album Worthy. 

1) Shai Linne 

Tell me, who else where you expecting? He even has a whole album, The Attributes Of God, singing praises to the Most High for who He is, and all He represents. His rhyming is totally out of this world (can someone else testify?), and his tracks really bring down God's presence. Startling Mystery is still legendary and what about his song with Timothy Brindle The Holy Spirit? It just brings tears to your eyes. 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHH's 2019 In Review

    Happy New Year to all lovers of music and especially lovers of the hip-hop genre of music and especially especially lovers of the Christian hip-hop sub-genre of hip-hop music.       So 2019 has come and gone, and we are here on the FIRST DAY OF THE NEW DECADE!!!       2019 was a very interesting year for CHH and I'll like to look at the 2019 CHH year in review. You know what? How about we do it like one of those alternative year end awards thing huh? Who knows? Maybe one day, we'll actually hand out awards to these artists for all the work that they do and how they've allowed themselves to be used mightily by God to be a huge blessing to us.     MALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR - 1K Phew 2019 saw a lot of artists on the grind, sharing their faith in their music and stuff. But 1K Phew was over the top this year. With albums What's Understood 1 and the sequel What's Understood 2, not mentioning all the features with the Indie Tribe and sing...

Is He A Christian Artist? Is He Not A Christian Artist? Part 4

   I grew up in a christian family, and for a short period in my life, I attended a christian school. At our teens church, they always encourage us to have christian friends, to always listen to christian music and to always read christian books. Who was that again that always shouted at church; "You're not a student christian. You're a christian student. You're a christian first before you became a student?" You get where this is going don't you? Labels, labels and more labels. But you know, previously, like way earlier on in our history, we had no labels. Everyone called us "those people who follow Jesus." Or "those people that preach about that man." Then some smart person must have said something like; "Hey, if they're like Christ, why don't we call them Christians?" I don't know how true, but someone once told me that the label "christian" was an insult. Like it was to be in the same category as "re...

Unashamed Because Of CHH

This is the start of a new series on chhinfo. The start of stories. Stories of how christian hip-hop has impacted and changed the lives of people. From people who were rotten, hopeless and depressed, to the people who seemed normal but had their issues. So, let's not waste time anymore, let's go on to our first story.    " I'm Damian Jacobs. A poet, blogger and rapper who loves God so much and rests in the knowledge that God loves him too. But you know, it wasn't always like this. I used to be very ashamed of who I was, who I had, whom I served. I used to be different from who I am today.  Music has always been a huge thing for me. I guess God put this music nerve inside me when he started the construction. Music has always been my thing and in fact, I learned to play the keyboard as a kid. I discovered hip-hop a few years later, but I never pictured hip-hop as anything like...what's the word...clean? Or maybe godly? But I grew to love the music of Lil...